Health Care Guide For Kids Health and Wellness
Health and Wellness is one of the most sensitive issuesand if something gets concerned with kids then the matter gets even sophisticated. As such there is no guide available that can give the step wise or A to Z details of how to take care of your child’s health and Wellness. It comes from experience that how one can take better care of his/her children. Advices of our elders and grandparents play a great role in instructing especially those parents who are experiencing the feeling of being a parent for the first time.
Here are some of the key ideas on which you can have a look and I hope these help you in some way or the other:
- Hygiene etiquettes:
Make your kids learn the hygiene etiquettes. Tell them about the advantages of following the hygiene manners. Make them learn the manners in interesting ways. You can also make postures and drawings that depict the hygiene habits and paste them in your kid’s room. You can also make use of different proverbs for example “Cleanliness is next to godliness” and explain them its meaning. Keep instructing them until it becomes their habits. Keep telling them:
- To wash their hands before and after meal
- To take bath daily
- Brush twice a day
- Trim your nails regularly
- Chew with your mouth closed
- Clean your ears regularly
- Nutrition Needs: Please ensure that your child gets the optimum nutrition that is required from the proper growth of your child. Make a diet plan which covers all the essential nutrients including carbohydrates, fats, proteins, minerals and vitamins which will help in proper growth of your child physically as well as mentally.
Make it a habit of your kid to eat fruits daily. You can encourage him/her by using the famous and common phrases such as “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”.
- Regular Check-ups: Make sure you visit a doctor at regular intervals and get your child a complete check-up. This will help you to monitor his health at regular intervals and if any problem arises then it can be sorted at the very initial stage.
- Vaccination: Do not forget to get your child vaccinated with all the mandatory vaccines such as Polio, Hepatitis A and B, Measles etc. Always be in contact with your doctor and ensure that you complete the full course of the vaccination in proper time.
- Exercise: Inculcate the habit of doing exercise in your child. Wake up early in the morning and do simple exercises along with your kids and tell them the benefits of doing regular exercise that exercising regularly keeps the body and mind fit.
- Sound Sleep: Ensure that your kids are not in a habit to remain awake till late nights. Help them in imbibing the habit of going early to bed and take sound sleep. A sound sleep helps in the optimum mental growth and increases IQ level of the children.
Along with taking care of all the above things, try to build a healthy relationship with your children and be friendly with them so that they can share their each and every feeling with you without hesitating.