Health care tips for Newborn Babies
Being a parent is not an easy task, it takes a lot of dedication and caring as health of newborn is of very much concern for the first few weeks. These tips can help the most nervous parents feel confident about caring for a newborn in no time.
Confident Handling of a newborn: If you are experiencing the feeling of being a parent for the first time, the fragility of a newborn may seem intimidating. But have a faith on your love for your baby, your love will make you the most caring parent, all you need is confidence and dedication. Here are the few basic things you should always keep in mind.
- Always wash your hands or use a good quality hand sanitizer before touching baby or his things because newborns don’t have a strong immune system. Make sure everything around the baby must be clean.
- Always support your baby’s head and neck while carrying your baby or while lying him down.
- Newborns should be handled very carefully as they are not toys for rough play, such as thrown in the air or being juggled in hands.
- Always fasten your baby into cradle or car seat for safety and try to avoid a rough or bouncy ride for a newborn baby.
Prepare in advance: All your newborn wants the most is your time, love and care. So always schedule your routine around your baby giving him utmost importance. Moreover, the surroundings and belongings of your newborn should always be kept clean. Also prepare your mind and body for the exertion. Good diet and happy atmosphere can help a lot.
Seek help for better care of your baby: It is always better to have an extra pair of hands to help you out. Always talk with friends and family members who have a good nursing experience. Be in touch with your baby’s pediatrician.
- Take turns: If a mother is taking care of cranky nights of a baby, the next day, it must be the father’s turn.
- Ask your hospital or doctor for any nursing class as professional guidance can be very helpful.
- Don’t feel obsessed of being tired, as nursing a newborn is not an easy task. You are not going to have a full night’s sleep so, don’t get frustrated or angry. The ultimate goal is good health of your newborn.
Play Jingles and soft tunes: It is now proved that soft music has a soothing effect on mind and can prove much more helpful to calm your infants.
Soothing Massage: A touch full of love and affection can soothe your newborn baby a lot. Giving a massage will not only help your baby to fall asleep rather it will make your bond much strong.
- Swaddle your baby in a soft mink blanket.
- Use a good quality baby oil for massage.
- Always remember that your infant is much more sensitive to weather than you. So always dress him accordingly.
Diapering Do’s and Don’ts: Whether you choose cloth or disposable diapers, make sure you have all the supplies within reach so you don’t have to leave baby unattended on changing table. All you need is:
- A clean diaper.
- Always use doctor approved ointments if your baby is having diaper rashes. If a diaper rash persists for more than 3 days consult your doctor.
- Use baby wipes or cotton balls with warm water.
- Don’t let your baby sit in wet or dirty diaper.
- Let your baby undiapered for a part of the day. This will let the skin a chance to air out.
Let him be: Every baby grow up in his own way so, let him be. Don’t overdo the things.